Work takes place in a multi-disciplinary, professional campus design and construction office at MSU’s Infrastructure Planning and Facilities building (Chestnut and Trowbridge Road).
The aid will work as an assistant to the Capital Project Management staff. Campus capital projects include new building construction, renovations to existing facilities, and various other upgrades/repairs to the campus infrastructure.
Job tasks include:
- Construction Document Preparation and Review
- Project Correspondence with Campus Customers, In-house Staff, and Contracting Staff
- Field Inspection and Site Management
- Project related clerical duties
- Knowledge of and proficiency with common computer applications.
- Familiarity with project scheduling applications
- Familiarity with construction cost estimating
- Professional communication skills (phone and e-mail)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Preferred starting date would occur prior to beginning of spring semester 2019 to allow for some training.