September 12, 2013
Thursday, September 12 | 8:30 a.m. | 112 Brody Hall
Construction Junctions are Infrastructure Planning and Facilities' monthly public meetings designed to update/inform the public of various projects currently in design, nearing construction and under construction.
- Renovations are being made to support and create a visible location for the Graduate School.
- Since 1999 to present the building has been vacant and awaiting renewal.
- Identifiable location that will include office, conference, and gathering space in support of graduate students and graduate education.
- Will support ongoing efforts to increase graduate participation and increased demand for services.
Q: Was there any site work done with a historic architect? Was that in the budget?
A: To ensure we are keeping up with the historic context, we are currently working on coordinating that now.
Q: Were the exterior windows replaced prior to this project?
A: We are trying to make sure that we are restoring the original windows that are in place.
- The full demolition of the building has been completed.
- The site restoration and terrace was substantially completed by Aug. 16 2013.
- The completion for the Morrill Plaza masonry and landscaping expected to be completed by the end September.
- Agriculture Hall rededicated as Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture in August.
- Commemoration event to be scheduled for Morrill Plaza.
- Items from Morrill Hall such as desks, lamps, tables and chairs may be purchased through the MSU Surplus Store.
Q: What kind of material did you save from salvaging?
A: The brick was a Redstone from the Leland, MI that we virtually saved all of during demolition.
- Created a new fueling station on Service Road
- Fleet cars are now filling up at the new fuel station.
- Car wash will be open in early December.
- This station is for fueling university vehicles only.
- Under pinning of existing stadium footings are completed.
- Temporary access to tunnel is restricted to public. Public will have an alternate entrance.
- Construction will continue throughout the football season.
- Construction began July 9.
- Scheduled completion is set for July 2014.
Q: For the loss of parking spots, what will they do about the spots being taken out?
A: The loss of parking will be a minor impact, they were a few removed out for construction.
- Project included office space additions, semi-private and private group meeting and study space.
- This project focused on integration of art and culture into the design.
- Ground floor was redeveloped for meeting rooms, study and programming space, in part to replace functions currently located on the second floor.
- Project was substantially completed at the end of August.
- Project was completed on schedule.
- All Auditorium Road pedestrian detours have been removed.
- Space includes new studio theatre, craft room and laundry, costume shop, arena theatre and dance studio, as well as numerous faculty offices.
- Substantial completion is set for Oct. 25, 2013.
- Fairchild Theatre will host its first performance on Oct. 28, 2013.
Q: Will there be accessibility to all seating levels now?
A: Yes, there will be accessibility to all except levels 3 and 4.
Q: Will the balcony be abandoned?
A: We will not abandon the balcony completely but some of the seating in the balcony area.
Business College Complex – Eppley Center – Rebuild Classrooms
- This project was delivered in fast track manor.
- Completion date was by the first day of classes.
- Site access was coordinated with Bogue Street intersection.
Q: Were there any renewable materials used here? Targeting LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)?