Business College Complex - Eppley Center - Capital renewal
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The south wing of the Business College Complex (Eppley) was originally constructed in 1961.
- Eppley's mechanical systems are at the end of their useful life and can no longer be operated or maintained efficiently.
- Improvements will result in improved air distribution and occupant comfort and provide energy savings.
- The Board approved a three story addition to the west wing of the Eppley Center in April of 2017, and that construction is currently taking place.
- Coordination of needed capital renewal infrastructure improvements with the construction of the addition provides an opportunity to complete this work and reduce future disruption to the business college complex.
- As planning begins,the project is anticipated to include replacing air handler equipment and duct work for the entire Eppley Center, including variable frequency drive and new motors and fans for all variable air volume boxes at selected locations.
- The project will also update the property's life safety features including fire alarm and fire suppression.
- Finally, the project will include demolition,asbestos abatement,and replacement of ceilings and light fixtures with LED fixtures.
- Based on cost experience for similar projects and current pricing information, the preliminary project cost estimate is $4,100,000 - $4,500,000. This estimate may change as the project and its scope are refined during the planning process.
- The source of funds for the project is expected to be general fund - capital renewal or debt financing with debt repayment from the general fund - capital renewal.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Tony Rhodes, construction representative, (517) 432-7104, email@example.com