T.B. Simon Power Plant - install reverse osmosis
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The T.B. Simon Power Plant currently utilizes a deionization (DI) water treatment system to produce purified water for use as makeup water in the boilers.
- The DI system works well, but is expensive to operate and maintain.
- The reverse osmosis (RO) system will strip away the majority of minerals prior to final treatment by the DI system.
- Employment of an RO system ahead of the existing DI system will reduce required DI system regenerations (once every six to nine weeks, rather than every day) and significantly reduce operation and chemical costs.
- Installation and interconnection of a pre-filter and permanent RO system within the Power Plant, located directly adjacent to the existing DI and boiler water makeup system.
- Integration of a programmed logic controls system with the Power Plant control room controls system.
- Budget is expected to be $1,000,000.
- The source of funds for the project is expected to be the general fund - utilities.
- Construction start: December 2018
- Ready for use: April 2019
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Chris Barnes, project manager, (517) 355-1628, email@example.com