T.B. Simon Power Plant - install reverse osmosis
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The T.B. Simon Power Plant currently utilizes a deionization (DI) water treatment system to produce purified water for use as makeup water in the boilers.
- The DI system works well, but is expensive to operate and maintain.
- The reverse osmosis (RO) system will strip away the majority of minerals prior to final polishing by the DI system for water quality as required for boiler makeup.
- The net result will reduce the chemical inputs from daily to once every six to nine weeks.
Install an RO system to treat water before it reaches the existing DI system to dramatically reduce the required regenerations and significantly reduce operation and chemical costs.
- $1,000,000 including a $100,000 contingency
- The source of funds for the project is the general fund - utilities and/or debt refinancing with debt repayment from the general fund - utilities.
- Construction start: February 2019
- Ready for use: June 2019
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Chris Barnes, project manager, (517) 355-1628, email@example.com