Administration Building – Second Floor Renovations
Project phase: Archived
The growth of the research enterprise at Michigan State University has nearly doubled over the past decade in external research funding, with the objective to double again over the next six years. This growth results in increased hosting of meetings with high-profile corporate, foundation and government visitors, as well as faculty and students. The need for conference space, offices that support collaborative work and an environment that conveys a sense of professionalism commensurate with a major research university is needed. This project includes renovation of space on the second floor of the Administration Building, which currently houses the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies.
- Capturing unused hallway space.
- Creating collaborative work space, conference rooms, and a welcoming reception area.
- Reconfiguring offices utilizing glass to provide the inflow of natural light.
- The Sparty’s convenience store entrance will be moved to the north end of the building.
- Utilities, furnishings, and finishes will be upgraded as well.
The Administration Building is located on Auditorium Road, adjacent to Olds Hall, in the North Academic District.
Start of construction: September 2013
End of construction: March 2014
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Jeff Bonk, email@example.com, (517) 884-6746
- Tony Rhodes, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 432-7104