Capital Area Multi Modal Gateway
Project phase: Archived
This project renovated the East Lansing Amtrak Station and created the Capital Area Multimodal Gateway Project. It brings together all modes of transportation, including rail, local and additional intercity bus (Michigan Flyer and Mega Bus), into a new modern facility.
- Demolision of four buildings
- Utility relocation and hookup
- New 7,300 square foot Capital Area Multi Modal Gateway, operated by CATA
- New parking facilities (approximately 150 spaces)
- Provides for intercity bus boarding area
- Provides pedestrian and bike access
The Capital Area Multimodal Gateway station is located on the edge of Michigan State University's campus, near the southwest corner of Harrison and Trowbridge roads in the Service District.
Start of construction: Summer 2014
End of construction: Fall 2015
Questions, comments, concerns?
CATA public information officer
- Laurie Robison, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 367-7252