Duffy Daugherty - S.A.A.C. - alterations to Skandalaris Football offices and the Demmer Family Hall of History
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The NCAA has increased the number of coaches a football program may have on staff, spurring interest in adding more space, as well as refreshing existing amenities.
- In addition, the technology in the Demmer Family Hall of History, located on the first floor of the Skandalaris Football Center, is somewhat out of date and would benefit from an update.
- As planning begins, the project is anticipated to include:
- Capturing underutilized patio space and reconfiguring existing space to accommodate a large conference room surrounded by offense/defense meeting rooms
- An all-staff work room
- Larger restroom facilities.
- The existing offices will also undergo an aesthetic refresh including easily updated graphics, digital displays, and new finishes.
- The renovated Hall of History will boast large monitors on the east and south walls as well as vertically oriented ribbons of display on the elevator shaft. The ribbon displays will step up with the existing staircase and broadcast recruiting graphics. The new monitors will be visible from Perles Plaza, transforming the Hall of History into a beacon at night.
- Construction start: TBD
- Ready for occupancy: TBD
- Based on cost experience for similar projects and current pricing information, the preliminary project cost estimate is $5,500,000 - $8,000,000. This estimate may change as the project and its scope are refined during the planning process.
- The source of funds for the project is expected to be gifts to Intercollegiate Athletics or debt financing with debt repayment from gifts to Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Jason Van Zee, project manager, (517) 432-2675, firstname.lastname@example.org