Engineering Research Complex - addition and renovations (Fraunhofer Center expansion)
Project phase: Archived
- The Fraunhofer Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies, in collaboration with Michigan State University and its College of Engineering, provides innovative research and development services based on its expertise in coatings and diamond technology.
- This collaboration has recently been expanded to support advanced scientific research in coatings, diamond electronics and other diamond applications.
- This expansion will provide additional opportunities for internships, work-study, and other educational programming for MSU students.
- It will also constribute to the economic development of Michigan.
- To support this enhanced collaboration, the Center will need more and improved space at the Engineering Research Complex.
- Conversion of space in the Engineering Research Complex to laboratories and building of an office addition
- Upgrading of existing electrical service
- Consolidation of chillers
- Increased traffic in and around the Engineering Research Complex, Parking Lot 97 and Woodlot Drive
- Construction start: May 2017
- Ready for occupancy: December 2017
- $6,700,000 which includes a $605,331 contingency.
- The project will be funded by the general fund.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Ken Gottschalk, construction representative, email@example.com, (517) 353-7234