Eppley Building - energy conservation measures
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The south wing of the Business College Complex (Eppley) was originally constructed in 1961.
- Eppley's mechanical systems are at the end of their useful life an can no longer be operated or maintained efficiently.
- These improvements will result in improved air distribution and occupant comfort and provide energy savings.
- The Board approved a three-story addition to the west wing of the Eppley Center in April of 2017, and that construction is currently taking place.
- Coordination of needed capital renewal infrastructure improvements with the construction of the addition provides an opportunity to complete this work and reduce future disruption to the Business College Complex.
- The project is anticipated to include:
- replacement of air-handling equipment and duct work for the entire Eppley Center, including variable-frequency drive and new motors and fans for all variable air volume boxes at selected locations
- update of the property's life safety features including fire alarm and fire suppression
- asbestos abatement
- replacement of ceilings
- replacement of light fixtures with LED fixtures
- Impacts will be coordinated with current construction on site to minimize additional disruptions.
- Construction start: TBD
- Construction completion: TBD
- $4,100,000 - $4,500,000 (based on cost experience for similar projects and current pricing information)
- The source of funds is expected to be general fund - capital renewal or debt financing with debt repayment from the general fund - capital renewal.
- Tony Rhodes, construction representative, email@example.com, (517) 432-7104