IM Sports West - replace pool and locker room HVAC systems
Project phase: Construction
- The heating and ventilating (HVAC) equipment serving the natatorium and locker room is deteriorating and is in need of replacement.
- Many of the units are non-operational and the equipment serving the pool does not provide any dehumidification to control the space relative humidity levels.
- Replace the existing HVAC equipment with energy efficient systems that will provide code required ventilation to each space and maintain proper indoor temperature and relative humidity conditions in the natatorium
- Replace ductwork serving indoor pool and locker rooms
- Reinforce structure
- Upgrade electrical system as needed for new equipment
- Infill openings between natatorium and adjacent locker rooms/mechanical spaces
- Maintain the pool at a slight negative pressure to adjacent spaces to separate pool environment from adjacent spaces and prevent further corrosion of locker rooms
- Remove ceiling cloud and upgrade lights in associated areas
- Replace manual pool temperature system with automatic pool water control system
- Extend fire protection system to renovated areas
- Replace and upgrade fire alarm as required in renovated areas
- The indoor pool and varsity locker room areas will remain offline during the entirety of the project
- Construction start: May 2017
- Project completion: September 2017
- The budget for this project is $3,995,000, which includes a $341,000 contingency. The project will be funded by the general fund - capital renewal and auxiliary activities - Intercollegiate Athletics.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Carol Cool, construction representative, firstname.lastname@example.org , (517) 353-8619