Kresge Courtyard Renovation
Project phase: Archived
Michigan State University has completed renovations for the Kresge Courtyard. Summer Circle Theatre, which was founded in 1961, has held performances at various locations on campus. While this location had served Summer Circle for many years, it was located in a flood plain that regularly experienced conditions not conducive for an outdoor performance venue, and was not accessible. The location was also temporary in nature, each use requiring the set-up of bleachers, a stage and access to power.
- The project expanded the teaching and learning opportunities, both technical and acting, associated with Summer Circle, broadening the student experience;
- created a venue for special events, including pre-function space for events held in the Auditorium Building;
- and revitalized an underutilized outdoor campus asset to enhance cultural life as well as the experiences of students, the campus community and surrounding communities.
Kresge Art Center and the courtyard are located on Auditorium Road, east of Farm Lane in the North Academic District.
- Construction for this project was completed in September 2014.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Kevin Durkin, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 432-2153