Life Science - Renovations to A-Wing
Project phase: Archived
The college of Nursing at Michigan State University has been in existence since 1950, and over the years has grown to offer BS, MS, and PhD Nursing programs to over 550 students. The college offers a wide range of continuing education programs and has established a nationally recognized research agenda. College faculty are currently located in multiple locations on campus and would benefit from co-location, particularly into space that is collaborative, flexible, technologically enhanced, and engaging. Co-location will improve organizational efficiencies and complete the facility consolidation for the college. It will also enable re-allocation of existing faculty resources to meet other high priority university programmatic needs.
- A comprehensive renovation of approximately 5,700 square feet of space in the Life Science building.
- Efficient and appealing workspace and daylighting.
- Up-to-date media and teaching labs for students and faculty.
- When complete, the project will accommodate College of Nursing faculty still in Owen Hall.
- Any just-in-time needs will also be reviewed as part of the planning process.
The Life Science building is located on Bogue Street south of Service Road in the south academic district.
Start of construction: January 2015
End of construction: July 2015
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Amr Abdel-Azim, email@example.com, (517) 432-0323