Music Building – Auditorium Renovations
Project phase: Archived
The Music Building was constructed in 1940 and obtained an addition in 1956. The Music Practice Building was constructed in 1968. These two facilities are the primary locations for the College of Music. In addition, the college uses rehearsal/recital and performance venues at Demonstration Hall, Wharton Center and the Auditorium Building. The Music Building includes a 350-seat auditorium (room 128) that is heavily used by the College of Music for instruction, rehearsal, recital and performances. The Music Building auditorium has had limited renovations since its construction in 1940. It lacks proper heating, ventilation and air conditioning, has acoustical deficiencies, and is in need of general maintenance. Planning efforts continue to focus on a multi-facility approach for providing venues for the College of Music.
The planning of this project is anticipated to include:
- acoustical enhancements
- purchase and installation of an orchestra shell
- seating replacement and additions to increase capacity
- installation of air conditioning, heating and ventilation modifications
- installation of new fire alarm system
- house and stage lighting upgrades
- door replacements
- ceiling modifications
- balcony demolition
- new side walls
- exterior card access
- modifications to the exits and floor slopes
The Music Building is located on West Circle Drive in the North Academic District.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Todd Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 432-4355