New Intercollegiate Golf Facility
Project phase: Archived
The original intercollegiate golf facility was built in 1958 as a pro shop for the Forest Akers Golf Course, and renovated into the Paul Rearick Golf Center in 2003. Built with residential grade construction, the building required ongoing maintenance. The conversion of the outdoor pavilion into an indoor practice area in 2006 served to extend the buildings functionality but fell far short in comparison to competing Big Ten facilities. A new facility was necessary to facilitate the recruitment, training, and development of future athletes and ensure continued success of the MSU Golf Team.
The project included:
- a more prominent entry;
- coaches’ offices;
- locker rooms;
- indoor practice green;
- public and player lounges and gathering spaces;
- public restrooms;
- small weight training area;
- club repair;
- display space.
Start of construction: April 2015
End of construction: January 2016
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Todd Wilson, email@example.com, (517) 432-4355