Parking – Lot 67 (Jenison) – Reconstruction
Project phase: Archived
Parking Lot 67 was originally constructed with Jenison Field House in 1940. Other than minor redesign to address barrier-free issues and access to the Kellogg Center parking ramp, it has remained substantially unchanged. The pavement has outlived its useful life and does not meet current pavement system design standards. In addition, irrigation lines located underneath the parking lot have deteriorated and are failing, and the water supply line for fire suppression to Jenison no longer meets fire code.
Parking Lot 67 is adjecent to the west and north sides of the Jenison Field House in the Athletic and Recreation District. This project involved redesign and reconstruction of the parking lot to meet current standards for saftey, storm water management and pavement. The project addressed the failed irragation lines, extend the water supply to a new fire hydrant to meet current fire code, install LED lighting and address accessibility requirements related to Jenison Field House entrances. The project also includes restoration of the parking lot's service drive. The service drive provides access to the adjacent athletic fields and will involve installation of a short section of the Red Cedar Greenway bicycle path.
- Parking Lot 67 closed from May 6 until mid-August.
- Temporary closure was south driveway to Kellogg Center parking ramp.
- Jenison Field House dock was closed for the duration of project.
- Access was maintained to:
- Jenison Field House for pedestrians,
- Parking loop on the east side of Jenison Field House,
- Red Cedar Greenway for pedestrians and bikers.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Dennis Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 353-9223
- Andy Linebaugh, email@example.com, (517) 432-7103