Replace domestic water service (McDonel, Wilson and Owen Halls)
Project phase: Planning/Design
- Owen Hall, Wilson Hall, and McDonel Hall were constructed from 1961-1963.
- Each of these buildings has its original water supply system, which are at the end of their useful life.
- Further repairs are no longer effective and the system must be replaced.
- As planning begins, the project is anticipated to include replacement of the water supply lines in Owen, Wilson, and McDonel Halls.
- The administration will return to the Board for authorization to proceed on each hall as separate projects.
- Planning for these modifications will incur costs for consultants, designers, and architects. The Administration will update the Board on project cost estimates during the latter stages of the planning phase.
- The source of funds for the projects is expected to be Residential & Hospitality Services (RHS) and/or debt financing with debt repayment from RHS.
- Construction start: TBD
- Construction completion: TBD
- Ian O'Brien, project manager, (517) 353-7233, email@example.com