Shaw Hall – New Dining Center
Project phase: Archived
Shaw Hall, located on Shaw Lane, is a residence hall in the Central Academic District. Due to Shaw's central location on campus and the age of its facilities, it is a high-priority project for dining renovations. This project coordinates with the Residential and Hospitality Services Dining Master Plan, which aims to create an integrated approach to campus dining and align dining facilities with growing housing capacities.
The project will include:
- new state-of-the-art dining hall for Shaw Hall
- new elevator to connect to the terrace level
- new loading dock
- improvements to the lobby and lounges on the first floor
- removing the parking lot west of Shaw Lane and replacing it with grass
- replacing the deteriorated water main piping south of the building
This project used the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) system which allows for more efficient collaboration between the architecture, engineering and construction teams.
- The project began construction in March 2012, and was substantially complete in December 2012.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Amr Abdel-Azim, email@example.com, (517) 432-0323