Spartan Stadium - install permanent field lighting
Project phase: Archived
- Currently, the Athletic department rents lighting systems to temporarily light the Spartan Stadium field for nighttime events.
- These are provided and paid for by the television networks broadcasting from the facility.
- The installation of permanent lighting is a requirement of the new Big Ten broadcast agreement, which goes into effect for the 2017 football season.
- Installation of permanent LED field lighting in Spartan Stadium.
- Field lighting will meet NCAA National Championship broadcast lighting levels of 125 vertical foot candles.
- Field lighting will be fully controllable.
- Minimal pedestrian detouring around facility
- Potential single-lane closure of the east service drive to the Service Garage, however it will be accessible at all times
- Construction start: February 2017
- Ready for use: July 2017
- $2,000,000 which includes a $178,000 contingency. The project will be funded by auxiliary activities - Intercollegiate Athletics.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Jason Van Zee, construction representative, email@example.com , (517) 432-2675