T.B. Simon Power Plant – coal hopper demolition
Project phase: Planning/Design
- To clear the T.B. Simon Power Plant site of certain former coal yard and coal handling facilities.
- Avoid capital renewal funding for retired systems.
- Avoid maintenance costs for retired systems
- Demolition removes certain retired systems from emergency and security monitoring services including potential hazards from aging structures.
- Preparation for future site development.
- Demolition of yard area coal handing facilities, including underground hoppers and certain above ground structures.
- Construction start: August 2018
- Ready for use: October 2018
- The cost of this project, which is being funded by the general fund - utility reserve, is less than $1 million.
- The Administration is seeking approval for this project because it will cause a footprint change at the T. B. Simon Power Plant site.
- Chris Barnes, project manager, (517) 355-1628, firstname.lastname@example.org