Veterinary Medical Center - A-wing - alterations to second floor locker room
Project phase: Planning/Design
- The College of Veterinary Medicine has been working to identify and address a number of facility-related improvements prior to its upcoming accreditation in the fall of 2019.
- Accreditation standards for veterinary medicine have changed significantly since the last accreditation in 2012, including increased focus on compliance with bio-safety standards and addressing gender parity.
- The student locker rooms on the second floor of the A-wing of the Veterinary Medical Center serve up to 250 students.
- The locker rooms were originally constructed in 1966, with limited renovations to date, and are in need of significant upgrades.
- As planning begins, the project is anticipated to include a comprehensive renovation of the student locker rooms.
- The scope is anticipated to include:
- New plumbing
- Drains and sanitary sewer
- Limited HVAC modifications
- New flooring
- Wall and ceiling finishes
- New double-stacked lockers
- Flexible design layout to accommodate changes in gender parity over time including single occupant locker room and restrooms
- Personal health space
- ADA compliance improvements
- Construction start: TBD
- Ready for occupancy: TBD
- Based on cost experience for similar projects and current pricing information, the preliminary project cost estimate is $1,200,000 - $1,500,000. This estimate may change as the project and its scope are refined during the planning process.
- The source of funds for the project is expected to be the general fund - capital renewal, general fund - facility reserve,and College of Veterinary Medicine or debt financing with debt repayment from the sources noted.
- Matt Postma, project manager, (517) 353-9223, firstname.lastname@example.org