Wharton Center - replace existing roof sections one, two, three and four
Project phase: Archived
- The original roof was installed in 1982, and is beginning to fail and cause potential structural and other cosmetic building damage.
- Recent infrared study showed significant moisture in the existing roof insulation barrier indicating the need for replacement.
- Remove existing conventional roofs and replace with new.
- Inverted Roof Membrane Assembly (IRMA) style roof to be installed on roof three – over Great Hall stage.
- Smells inside building; will be alleviated by installing temporary charcoal filters.
- Loading dock will be used as a site setup space, causing one month of temporary relocated parking.
- Sidewalk closure between FRIB and Wharton for one month. This will be further coordinated during design/construction.
- Building will remain open during work. Construction will avoid major performances
- Construction start: June 26, 2017
- Construction complete: Sept. 22, 2017
- $1,750,000 which includes a $175,000 contingency.
- This project is being funded by general fund - capital renewal and the Wharton Center for the Performing Arts.
Questions, comments, concerns?
- Jessica Kolp, construction representative, firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 908-7746