Wilson Road extension
Project phase: Planning/Design
- There is only one intersection (Shaw Lane) connecting campus with Hagadorn Road north of Service Road. This creates added vehicular traffic through a busy pedestrian and bicycling area. The intersection is also very close to the intersection of Hagadorn Road and Grand River, which is one of the busiest intersections in the state.
- The current intersection is not coordinated with the CN rail line, creating further traffic complications.
- The lack of traffic signals along Shaw Lane east of Farm Lane creates accessibility concerns.
- Fee Road and Wilson Road (from Conrad Hall to Shaw Lane) along with the parking lots 30 and 32 (south of Fee Hall) are in poor condition and approaching the end of their useful life.
- Reconfiguration and reconstruction of Wilson Road, Fee Road and Parking Lots 30 and 32
- New traffic light intersection at Hagadorn Road that will be integrated with railroad signals
- New traffic light at the intersection of Shaw Lane and current Wilson Road (new road name TBD)
- Improve water distribution in the region
- Vehicular, pedestrian, and bicyclist safety improvements
- Improved ADA crossings and compliance
- Construction start: March 2018
- Road opened: October 2018
Questions, concerns, comments?
- Dave Wilber, design representative, email@example.com, (517) 884-2186