Accessing FAMIS via the MSU VPN
To set up FAMIS on a home computer, or other non-Infrastructure Planning and Facilities computers, complete the steps below and make sure the following items are true before proceeding.
- Click here to download the required Windows Offline (32-bit) version of Java.
- As long as your browser supports the use of Java you can use that browser. In the past Internet Explorer was required, but this is no longer the case.
How to connect to the MSU VPN
- Browse to https://vpn.msu.edu
- Log in to the page below with your MSU NetID and password.
- Click the Start button circled in red in the window below once you are logged in. If this is your first time using the MSU VPN you will be prompted to install the Network Connect application, otherwise your VPN session will start.
- You can verify your session has begun by going to your system tray in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and looking for the icon circled in red below.
- If you double click the icon in the tray the window below will show up. You can click Sign Out in this window when you are done to close your MSU VPN connection.
How to Access FAMIS After Connecting to the MSU VPN
- Access FAMIS by clicking this link.
- A new window will open and the following window will pop up on your first time accessing FAMIS from this computer.
Check the check box for "Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above" and then click Run.
- The window below will pop up. Click the check box again and select Run.
- The window below will be the last window to pop up. Click the check box again and select Run again.
- After the third pop-up, the login window below will pop up.
- Fill in the login window below with your FAMIS username and password. Specify "prod" for the database.
- Once you click "Connect" you will be in FAMIS.