Professional services definitions
IPF Professional and Design Services charges will be processed at 75 percent of construction completion for projects over $250,000. For projects under $250,000, these charges will be processed when the project goes into construction.
IPF Professional Services for all projects under $1 million is 5 percent and includes:
- Project management during planning, estimating, design and construction
- Archiving the project documents, which may include project drawings for use toward future renovations or alterations
- Building operational drawings—maintenance of drawings of all campus buildings
- Mapping—collection and maintenance of spatial data related to the built and human environments
- Utility staking—onsite identification of buried infrastructure to minimize the risk of damage or danger to employees and the campus community, and to prevent utility outages during excavation; this function is a regulatory requirement (Public Act 174, State of Michigan)
- Procurement and contract management of construction services, design consultants, materials testing, permits, etc.
- Managing insurance and bonds for contractors and architects
- Managing project budget, which may include reconciling and/or sending expense reports to the State of Michigan
Design Services for all projects is a minimum of 7 percent and includes:
- Design services including architecture, interior design, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering necessary to create design and construction documents.
- Landscape architecture design on projects that involve site work or plantings.
- Estimating services.
Projects over $1 million—IPF Professional Services is 3.75 percent of the total project budget and design services are based on actual costs from Architectural and Engineering firm selected, including:
- Renderings showing 3D perspectives of the completed project and BIM models
- Planning including programming, site selection, etc.
- Energy Impact statements and Energy Models