IPF Telecommunication Systems billing varies depending on the services performed.
Parts and installation
Parts and installation charges for new or upgraded services such as a new phone or a hardware repair may be accessed via the IPF online service request application.
Recurring monthly charges
Recurring monthly charges for ongoing services such as telephone, fiber optics, cable television and two-way radio services billed to an EBS-approved General Ledger number may be accessed via the IPF Telecommunication Systems online billing system. Date of the billing invoice is posted on a department's ledger on the next month. This allows for the usage and non-usage charges applying to the date of invoice.
- Log into the Pinnacle billing system to view, print or download your monthly bill (processed after March 25, 2016).
- Log into the Telecom billing system to view, print or download your monthly bill (processed before Feb. 25, 2016).
Update to Telecom billing: effective March 30, 2016
Effective March 30, 2016 logging into the Telecom billing system will change. Invoices processed after March 25, 2016 will be available to authorized users through the new Pinnacle billing system. Invoices processed before Feb. 25, 2016 will continue to be stored and available to authorized users in the existing MySoft Legacy online billing system. Authentication will require an MSUnetID password that has been established after July 2015.
Logging in to Telecom billing
In order to log into the billing system, you must first register with Telecommunication Systems. Department fiscal officers can authorize staff in their respective areas to access recurring monthly charges with the access form for online billing.
Authorized users can log in with their MSUNet ID to our web-based billing system to view, print or download invoiced charges for telephone, fiber optics, cable television and two-way radio services billed to an EBS-approved General Ledger number.
Monitoring billing statements on a regular basis will help with the following:
- associating new charges with new employees or events;
- alerting you to incomplete disconnects; (unplugging a telephone device does not cancel your service. You must contact IPF Telecom Systems at (517) 353-5515 or submit a service request to cancel unwanted telephone service or you will continue to incur monthly charges.)
- determining if location data is correct for 911 services; and
- discovering unused telephones.
How to make changes to monthly recurring billing
The following customized service requests can be used for issues regarding the Telecommunication Systems billing system.
- Add/remove access to online billing statements: This form is used to authorize a staff member to have access to Telecommunication System’s recurring monthly billing statement.
- Change acct/sub for all monthly recurring: Use this form if you are transferring all of the recurring monthly charges from one account to another.
- Correct/change individual statement item: Use this form to change or correct a name, room, building, description or account number for a single item on your recurring monthly billing statement.
- Change account/sub-account for single/multiple service item(s): Use this form to change the account number for single or multiple items on your recurring monthly billing statement.
- Billing questions or concerns: Use this form if you have a billing concern. Please attach the billing statement in reference to your request.
- Other: If you do not see a form that covers what you need service for, please choose "Other."
For information on these and other business procedures, visit the Manual of Business Procedures.