Skip to main content
Michigan State UniversityMichigan State UniversityInfrastructure Planning and Facilities

Off-campus entities

We currently require an MSU NetID be used to process requests and payments of event fees. Off-campus entities need to contact an MSU department and ask them to serve as the university sponsor for the event. Once the university department agrees to serve as the sponsor, they need to allow the off-campus entity to use an account number and a department representative’s name as the secondary contact. The off-campus entity’s representative is the main contact for the event and should work with the IPF Events office in the planning and/or set-up of the event.

The off-campus entity is responsible for paying the sponsor directly for any costs involved in the event.

Once you have found an MSU sponsor, please submit an off-campus entity event request form, based on whether it is an indoor or outdoor event.

Please read about advertising on campus and the guidelines that pertain to your event before searching for a sponsor.