FAMIS and Discoverer support
FAMIS (Facilities Asset Management Information System) software provides products and services to help organizations maintain and operate facilities assets, manage space and control capital projects. IPF provides FAMIS administration on a unit and university level; customer support for FAMIS; business analysis for new and modified business processes; database management and data security; mobile application design and development as they pertain to FAMIS. Discoverer is a tool for exporting data and making reports. If you need help or wish to request a modification, submit a Service Desk ticket.
MSU IPF actively utilizes the most effective security measures in its online systems. To ensure such security, IPF has instituted a password policy for the programs in its Oracle platform, including FAMIS and Discoverer. The policy is as follows:
- New passwords must be a minimum of eight characters and contain at least one number and one letter.
- Do not use any special characters as part of a password. Only use letters and numbers.
- The policy requires a password change after 180 days.
- After five unsuccessful log-in attempts, the account will be locked. Users will need to contact the IPF Support Services hotline at (517) 353-4777 for assistance.
- Users who forget their passwords, or find that they need to change their passwords before the expiration date, can reset your password.
- Do not use numbers first in a password.
- Do not use spaces in a password.