Both short-term and long-term leases are offered. Vehicles cannot be leased through the online service request.
- Rates provide for all expenses except tolls, parking fees, traffic violations, towing and service fees not mechanically related, and the first $500 damage or loss resulting from an "at-fault" accident, vandalism, etc. All requests for reimbursement of expenses paid with personal funds should be submitted to the Transportation Services office as soon as possible after the purchase has been made.
- University Vehicle Policy may be found in the Manual of Business Procedures, Section 245. For vehicle reservation and additional information, call (517) 353-5280 during the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- An approved university travel authorization (open the xls file called “Travel Authorization and Emergency Contact Form”) and a valid (domestic) operator's license are required to pick up a university vehicle.
- Review driver responsibilities found in Section 35 of the Manual of Business Procedures and take the required steps.
- For information on what to do in case of an accident, see Section 35 of the Manual of Business Procedures.
- Drivers and all passengers in vehicles must wear safety belts. Child seat belt requirements must be adhered to as well.
- Departments requesting student drivers must also complete the Request for Michigan Driver Record form and maintain current records within their department.
- Special vehicle leases may be arranged to meet specific needs. Vehicle rates may vary with addition of specialized equipment.
- Rentals may be arranged from off-campus agencies when university demand exceeds on-campus vehicle availability.
For more information, call (517) 353-5280.