Temporary Professional Aide
The Asset Management Team is composed of preventative maintenance (PM) management and capital renewal tracking. Asset Management inputs equipment information into the IPF computerized maintenance management system to electronically track new and existing equipment profiles. This information can then be utilized to develop preventive maintenance schedules and track asset activity across campus. Currently, the process allows for the tracking and scheduling of equipment PM, trouble calls and a comprehensive list of capital renewal opportunities. The Asset Management Team supports other departments throughout IPF and creates work orders to be performed by Maintenance Services. Maintenance Services is composed of a crew of highly skilled, skill trades employees to operate and maintain MSU's academic buildings, utility distribution system and perform related services. The Maintenance Services staff maintain departmental facilities and projects through a wide variety of skills and materials, including: metal work, electrical, electronics, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, carpentry, roofing, masonry, locksmith, painting and glazing. You can read more about IPF here: http://ipf.msu.edu/about/index.html.
This position will assist the Asset Management team to perform the following:
- Update asset data as required (20%)
- Enter asset data into the computerized maintenance management system that is captured from capital projects through the Facility Asset Data Exchange process (15%)
- Track refrigerant on campus using the Refrigeration Compliance Software; includes refrigerant purchases, new appliances, disposals, and refrigerant recovery (15%)
- Map assets on campus using GIS applications (10%)
- Monitor crew workbenches and close work orders as needed (10%)
- Schedule work for crews on a monthly basis by developing a calendar of work (10%)
- Enter new asset types into computerized maintenance management system for future tracking (10%)
- Set up and coordinate meetings (5%)
- Serve on hiring panels (5%)
High school diploma, 50 WPM typing, strong computing skills including web browsing and Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to learn how to use new software tools, strong customer service skills, ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team, demonstrated verbal and written communication, multitasking skills, demonstrated desire for continual improvement and growth.
Broad knowledge of MSU campus and services, an understanding of maintenance and skilled trades professions, experience or courses in facilities management, a skilled trade or engineering.
Please attach your resume at the end of the application form.