Construction - Holmes Hall
Commencement of work on the project: Holmes Hall – replace domestic cold water piping. The scope of the project includes replacement of the domestic cold water main piping in the center section, connectors and living wings.
To replace domestic cold water main piping
There will be barriers in designated work areas to protect building occupants and workers during all piping work, various water shutdowns, and intermittent construction noise in the vicinity of the affected areas along with contractor traffic. Offices, classrooms and restrooms may not be accessible during certain periods of construction. Detailed communications regarding designated work areas and water shutdowns will be distributed throughout the course of the project.
- May 7 – May 19: Abatement, ceiling and lighting removal, and installation of new 6” piping in center section. Abatement will occur nightly. Ceiling and lighting removal will occur daily. Ceiling and lighting removal may cause dust to collect in basement and noise disturbance to occupants.
- May 21 – May 25: Hot and cold water shutdown to entire building.
- May 21 – June 4: Piping work in center section. Sections A, B, C, and west side of center section will not have cold water during this time. Kitchen will have water.
- June 5 – June 14: Piping work in sections E and F. Sections E and F will not have cold water during this time. Occupants in basement level of sections E and F are advised to re-locate during this time.
- June 15 – June 29: No work will be performed during this time. Hot and cold water on to entire building.
- July 2 – July 13: Piping work in section D. Sections D, E and F will not have cold water. Occupants in basement level section D are advised to re-locate during this time.
- July 14 – August 8: Piping work in sections A, B and C. Sections A, B and C will not have cold water. Occupants in basement level of sections A, B and C are advised to re-locate during this time.
- August 9: Hot and cold water on to entire building.
Bryan Anderson, project manager, at (517) 432-0583 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or IPF at (517) 353-1760.