Eli Broad College of Business Pavilion Addition
- The MBA program in the Broad College of Business is ranked 14th among public universities and 35th overall in the latest U.S. News & World Report, but the facility in which the MBA program is currently housed hampers recruitment of top-rated students and faculty.
- It also restricts the range and type of possible learning activities and curricular innovations.
- The current building lacks the appropriate quality and quantity of space commensurate with the College's aspirations to improve rankings and increase competitiveness with peer institutions.
- The pavilion will house the MBA program and professional graduate programs of the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.
- The facility, with its new teaching and learning spaces supporting a new curriculum, will foster an academic ecosystem that uses technology and collaborative spaces to train future business leaders,including engaging students with corporate executives, employers, and alumni.
- Demolition of the west wing of the Eppley Center
- Construction of a new 100,000 square foot, three-story structure including new pedestrian walkways to the Eppley Center and the North Business Complex.
- The pavilion will include:
- Teaching labs
- Program offices
- Career management offices
- Interview facilities
- Student interaction spaces
- Multi-purpose spaces
- Variety of amenity spaces
- The facility will:
- Create a new identity for the College
- Integrate with the existing business complex to create a unified facility
- Create an iconic presence and a prominent entrance for the College
- Make best use of the site and encourage connections to the riverside
- Construction start: June 2017
- Construction completion: July 2019
- $62,000,000 (funded by gifts to the Eli Broad College of Business and debt financing with debt repayment from gifts)
Capital project number