Veterinary Medical Center A-wing second floor locker room alterations
- The College of Veterinary Medicine has been working to identify and address a number of facility-related improvements prior to its upcoming accreditation in the fall of 2019.
- Accreditation standards for veterinary medicine have changed significantly since the last accreditation in 2012, including increased focus on compliance with bio-safety standards and addressing gender parity.
- The student locker rooms on the second floor of the A-wing of the Veterinary Medical Center serve up to 250 students.
- The locker rooms were originally constructed in 1966, with limited renovations to date, and are in need of significant upgrades.
- The project involves a comprehensive renovation of the student locker rooms, to include:
- New plumbing
- Drains and sanitary sewer
- Limited HVAC modifications
- New flooring
- Wall and ceiling finishes
- New double-stacked lockers
- Flexible design layout to accommodate changes in gender parity over time including single occupant locker room and restrooms
- Personal health space
- ADA compliance improvements
- Construction start: April 2019
- Ready for occupancy: September 2019
- $1,600,000 including a $160,000 contingency.
- The source of funds for the project is a combination of the general fund and College of Veterinary Medicine and/or debt financing with debt repayment from the sources noted.
Construction Junction progress update
Capital project number