City of East Lansing infrastructure restructure
Project phase: Construction
This is a project of the City of East Lansing, and is presented here as a courtesy.
- Protect the environment by decreasing pollution.
- Improve deteriorating storm water infrastructure.
- Reduce overflows and neighborhood flooding.
- Maintain open communication with stakeholders.
- Make safety for motorists, residents and students a top priority.
- Replace outdated infrastructure.
- Increase capacity utilizing upsized pipes
- One lane will be open in each direction throughout most of the project.
- Three brief, full closures are planned for safety issues.
- Construction starts: March
- Scheduled completion: December
For more information or for questions:
- Nicole McPherson or Scott House, City of East Lansing, (517) 337-9459
Project overview meeting
The MSU and East Lansing communities are invited to attend project overview meetings on Wednesday, March 13, at the East Lansing Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Road.
More information is available at the project website.