Skip to main content
Michigan State UniversityMichigan State UniversityInfrastructure Planning and Facilities

How to request service

If you have an emergency or require immediate assistance, call (517) 353-1760.

General services

The IPF online service request can be used to request routine and special services. You will be asked to log in using your MSU NetID. Once logged in, click on the plus sign next to the category of sevice you are seeking. View a PDF of instructions for the form.

Visit the service guide to see all that IPF offers.

If you are unable to fill out the online service request form, a downloadable paper form is also available in PDF and MS Excel formats. Fill out one of these forms and submit via fax (517) 355-5205 or campus mail to Infrastructure Planning and Facilities.

Questions for billing and online service requests: E-mail or call (517) 432-0250 and leave a message.

Construction and renovation projects

For information on the request and approval processes for both single-trade projects and Capital Projects, visit the renovations and construction service guide page.

Vehicle rental and repair

Due to the nature of the requests, services offered through the Transportation Services department cannot be received through the online service request at this time.

All dealings regarding university vehicles follow the regulations in the Manual of Business Procedures, Section 245. 

Recycling and reuse services

The services offered through the MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center and through the Sustainability department must be requested through their websites.


If you need immediate emergency service or have a general question about IPF, call (517) 353-1760. For routine or special services submit an online service request.