MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities is Hiring!
IPF employs 1,200 staff and students to keep MSU's beautiful 5,200-acre campus and its hundreds buildings running. See below for job openings for staff and students. If you have questions, contact us at IPF.HumanResources@msu.edu.
IPF is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive culture and hiring a diverse workforce. We use high-performing, leading-edge practices to offer the best quality and value for our services.
All Staff Full-time, Temporary and On-call Positions from careers.msu.edu
(See MSU Careers website for all current position postings; below may not be a complete list.)
On-Call Service/Maintenance (several positions available, always hiring)
Custodian I - 3 positions (full-time, $17.55/hour)
RECP - Demmer Center
- Range Safety Instructor (On-call, pay commensurate)
RECP - Kellogg Biological Station (in Barry County)
- Maintenance Worker II (full-time, $20.96/hour)
Building Performance Services
- Central Control Technician/Building Automation Systems Tech I (full-time, $50,000-65,000 salary commensurate)
- Project Manager New Construction Commission/PIA II (full-time, $80,000-90,000 salary commensurate)
Benefits for Staff
- Health care and prescription drug coverage
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Holiday pay, personal leave time, vacation time, sick leave, paid parental leave (for some unions)
- Other optional benefits like retirement and life/accident insurance
- Tuition assistance for employees, employee spouses and children
- Free access to ElevateU, an online training platform with thousands of courses, videos and books
Joining our team means becoming an essential part of a global university dedicated to advancing knowledge and transforming lives. Our work helps Spartans change the world.
IPF offers many opportunities for students to gain valuable work experience.
Student Positions from handshake.com
(Go to Handshake website for all current student postings; below may not be a complete list)
- Mechanical Services - Maintenance Assistant II #2305045 ($13.26/hour)
- Structural Services - Maintenance Assistant II #2305332 ($13.26/hour)
- Electrical Services - Maintenance Assistant II #2304898 ($13.26/hour)
- Student Custodian, 4 shifts (all $15/hour, 20 hrs/week):
- #6385641 4:30-8:30pm M-F
- #6385629 6:30-10:30pm M-F
- #6385544 9:00pm-1:00am M-F
- #6385608 10:00pm-2:00am Su-Th
Custodial On Call Worker #6385494 5-9am M-F ($15/hour)
Custodial Event Worker #6385570 ($15/hour)
Campus Services Student Building Inspector #7383753 ($!5/hour)
Strategic Initiatives - Learning & Development
- Learning and Development Student Training Assistant (Planon) #7442996 ($16.50/hour)
- Golf Course Horticulture Assistant #7370952 ($16.50/hour)
Planning, Design and Constructon
- Student Assistant to Electrical Engineer #7416055 ($15/hour)
Building Performance Services - Central Control
- Student Technical Assistant I - Central Control #7353559 ($15/hour)
Benefits for Students
- Real-world career experience in landscaping, planning and design, real estate, safety, construction, engineering, HR, finance, maintenance, mechanics, communications and more!
- In 2004, Mary Jane and Theodore B. Simon, both graduates and life-long supporters of MSU, created an endowed scholarship fund to provide financial support for IPF-employed undergraduate students preferably majoring in Business or Engineering. All majors will be considered.
- To qualify, you must have a 3.0 GPA or higher while being a full-time student, have documented financial need (determined by the MSU Office of Financial Aid), have a recommendation from a full-time IPF employee where you work, and be a student employee at IPF for more than a year. These requirements must be met each semester for up to three years. This is a renewable scholarship that will be applied to tuition costs.
- Your completed application must be submitted prior to the annual deadline to be considered
- Simon Endowed Scholarship
In 2004, Mary Jane and Theodore B. Simon, graduates and life-long supporters of MSU, created an endowed scholarship fund to provide financial support for IPF-employed undergraduate students preferably majoring in business or engineering. This is a renewable scholarship that is applied to tuition costs.
To qualify, you must:
- be a full-time student employee at IPF for over a year,
- have a 3.0 GPA or higher,
- have documented financial need (determined by the financial aid office),
- and have a recommendation from a full-time IPF employee where you work.
These requirements must be met each semester for up to three years.