Our workforce engages in high performing, leading edge practices, valuing people, partners and stewardship. We are committed to fostering an equitable, inclusive culture, engaging and hiring a diverse workforce.
Full-time, Temporary and On-Call Positions
Positions are listed on MSU's job listings site.
- Landscape Services:
- Custodial Services:
- Building Services - Maintenance:
Our open student positions are listed on Handshake.
- Landscape Services: #4582082 Landscape Services Student Laborer (full-time in summer, part-time during semesters, $16.50 per hour)
- Landscape Services: #4637947 Landscape Services Golf Student Laborer (M-F, 6AM - 2:30PM - 40 hours per week during summer, part-time during semesters, $13 per hour)
- IT Services: #4441959 Student Information Tech Assistant I (full-time in summer, part-time during semesters, $11 per hour)
Benefits of working for MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities
All staff and student employees
- MSU Intramural (IM) Sports Facilities (IM Sports West, IM Sports East, IM Sports Circle): Access to buildings and indoor pools for general recreational use is free to staff and students with their MSU ID cards. Purchase a membership with MSU Recreational Sports and Fitness and get access to Group Fitness classes, IM West Fitness Center and the indoor pool (lap swim) at IM West. Also enjoy over 1,000 online classes through the Fitness on Demand Flex system.
- MSU staff and students can check out print books from the MSU Library for free using their MSU ID card, along with access online materials for free.
- All employees and students can take advantage of the on-campus CATA bus service for free using their MSU ID card.
Full and part-time staff/Temp/On-call
- All Infrastructure Planning and Facilities (IPF) staff employee postings are accessed through the Careers @ MSU website.
- Michigan State University offers a variety of on-campus and off-campus discounts and services to its employees and retirees.
- MSU staff can dine at any open residential dining hall on campus and enjoy the convenience of not losing their parking space. Purchase a staff dining plan currently for $6.75/meal + tax with a minimum purchase of 10 meals at a time. Meal access can also be used for any guests you bring with you!
- MSU Wharton Center for Performing Arts offers a full schedule of touring Broadway shows, leading dance troupes, world-famous soloists and ensembles. Discounts are given to Wharton Center subscribers and occasional 10-15% discounts on select performances are given to MSU employees.
- MSU Community Music School (CMS) offers a 5% discount to all MSU faculty and staff. CMS is the outreach division of the MSU College of Music, bringing CMS music education and music therapy to those of all ages and abilities within the community. CMS is located off-campus at 841 Timber Lane, East Lansing.
- MSU Tennis Facility : MSU STAFF have access to MSU's indoor tennis facility, professional instruction, equipment rental and Pro-shop. MSU employees and retirees receive a discount with a valid MSU employee ID.
- MSU Athletic Events: Tickets can be purchased for all athletic events based on availability. Discounts are available on season tickets only. Go Green cards can be purchased by Staff for $50.00 for admittance to all regular home season Women's Basketball, Volleyball, Men's/Women's Soccer, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Softball and Baseball.
- Occasionally MSU Athletics gives IPF free tickets to games that are not sold out, including football and basketball! These tickets are offered in limited quantities on a first come, first serve basis to IPF staff.
- MSU Bakers: For the best in campus baked goods call MSU Bakers! MSU Bakers currently offers delivery services for $5 to on-campus and off-campus locations with a 48823, 48824 or 48825 zip code. For 15% off an online order, Spartans can use the code BAKE15.
- MSU Forest Akers Golf Course: The golf course offers two 18-hole championship layouts, a state-of-the-art practice facility, and two full-service golf shops with a full complement of services. Employees with MSU ID card receive reduced rates.
- All staff can purchase repositionable parking permits that allow you to park one vehicle on campus at a time in any employee parking space on campus. Access privileges to gated employee lots are enabled on your MSU ID card. Permit cost can be payroll deducted monthly. A less expensive permit for commuter Lot 89 is also available.
- MSU Health Team and Olin Health Center Pharmacies : Prescription and over-the-counter medications are provided at competitive prices. Delivery of medications to on-campus locations is available at no charge.
- All staff may enroll in a voluntary, tax-deferred 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program (SRP). This program is funded entirely by employee contributions on a pretax basis. Your contributions are deducted from your salary before taxes are taken out. You also pay no taxes on the earnings in your 403(b) SRP until you withdraw funds from the account.
- All IPF staff are strongly encouraged to participate in learning and development opportunities. We have our own Learning & Development team that provide support and learning opportunities tailored to the unique and diverse needs in our unit.
- Many IPF departments provide opportunities for growth within the department and have career paths mapped out and available for all to see.
- IPF is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment for its employees. We have a Chief Diversity Officer who is leading our Equity, Inclusion & Diversity Strategic Plan, and a DEI Council that staff may volunteer to be a member of.
- IPF provides many opportunities for staff to engage and collaborate with other staff across the unit by volunteering to be a member on a unit-wide committee or team that will make decisions and changes that impact everyone.
- IPF recognizes its employees in numerous ways for their critical and hard work, including an Employee of the Quarter program, Kudos recognitions in our bi-weekly internal newsletter, and an annual employee picnic.
Full-time or part-time staff only
- Full and part-time employee benefits include health care and prescription drug coverage, optional dental and vision coverage, and other optional benefits such as retirement and life/accident insurance. Staff also get holiday pay, personal leave time, and vacation time.
- Tuition assistance is available to eligible full-time staff via two programs: the Course Fee Courtesy program, which provides financial assistance to enhance the educational development of an employee's spouse and dependent child(ren); and the Educational Assistance program, which provides financial assistance for the professional development of employees in their current jobs and in the enhancement of competencies for career development and promotability at MSU.
- Staff have access to elevateU, a free, online training resource that provides thousands of courses, videos and books covering hundreds of topics.
- Many student positions at Infrastructure Planning and Facilities provide real world career experience that will look great on a resume. Is your career in landscaping, planning and design, real estate, safety, construction, engineering, HR, finance, environmental sustainability, or communications? We have those and more here at IPF! All IPF student positions are posted on Handshake.
- IPF undergraduate student employees majoring in Business or Engineering may apply for our annual Mary Jane and Theodore B. Simon Endowed Scholarship.
- All students, whether MSU employees or not, are eligible to enroll in health insurance coverage and dental and vision coverage available through MSU.
- All students can purchase admissions to sit in the student sections for football, men's basketball and hockey games, while all other regular season sporting events on campus are free for MSU students.