Real Estate Operations
Real Estate Operations manages university properties and facilities. MSU's landholdings total more than 27,000 acres across the state.
MSU operates on the philosophy that if non-campus land is not being used for research, teaching or outreach, it should be sold and put back on the tax rolls. The income from the sale of excess land goes into a land and improvement fund, which assists with purchasing additional land as needed.
- Land sales and acquisitions
- Operation or management of:
- Hidden Lake Gardens
- Demmer Shooting Sports and Education Center
- Two off-campus units for the College of Engineering
- Real estate leases, mineral leases, property easements, performing due diligence on potential gifts of real property
- Annual property report to the MSU Board of Trustees.
Property Reports to the Board of Trustees
Real Estate Operations Staff
Property for sale
Request for Use of Campus Inland Lakes
View the Manual of Business Procedures Real Estate Leases, Section 323.
Real Estate OperationsLMO@msu.edu (517) 355-3272