Outreach and Community Engagement
IPF is committed to providing services and opportunities to underserved audiences in the larger external community. Our Community Engagement Program provides employees with ongoing opportunities to engage in meaningful activities outside of daily job assignments that is designed for continued learning:
- Lead, develop and formalize ongoing partnerships
- Offer services and opportunities to underserved audiences in the larger external community
- Increase employee exposure to interacting with members of specified IPF DEI sub-focus areas: Race/Ethnicity | Gender | Generations | Dis(ability) | LGBTQ+ | Veterans | Religion
- Increase participation in service-learning activities for improved DEI competency
- Increase overall social responsibility and community engagement
Outreach and Engagement Opportunities
Spartan Project Search
As part of our commitment to DEI and providing services and opportunities to underserved audiences in the larger external community, IPF participates in Spartan Project Search to help young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities transition from high school to the workforce and secure competitive employment.
At MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities, (IPF), we want to engage students in middle and high school to explore potential career paths, learn about the world of facilities and maintenance services, and spark their interest in working in a skilled trade or other maintenance job. IPF staff work in occupations such as arborist, gardener, mechanic of various types, carpenter, electrician, locksmith, painter, plumber, welder, and much more to support the many services we provide.
Partner with IPF
IPF offers various presentations on skilled trades or other occupations for middle-school, high-school, or county RESA or similar career classes. These presentations by an IPF staff member give students a glimpse into what the day-to-day work in occupations within IPF can hold and the opportunities they provide. If you are a teacher or counselor interested in a presentation on skilled trades or another area within IPF for your class, please submit a Presentation Request Form.
Hosting a career exploration event? Please contact us at email@example.com with the details.