Farm Lane Bridge Reconstruction
Farm Lane bridge and the Farm Lane roadway between and including the intersections with North Shaw Lane and Auditorium Road
Beginning April 3:
- New sidewalk installation. The bridge and intersections will remain open to pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- The easternmost portion of Lot 38 by Erickson Hall will be closed for construction equipment and materials staging.
- View staging areas for this project phase online.
From May 8 through August 18, expect the following:
- Bridge closed to vehicle traffic with multiple detours that will affect both eastbound and westbound Auditorium Road; northbound and southbound Farm Lane; and westbound North Shaw Lane. Detailed detour maps for the various phases of construction can be viewed online.
- Sidewalk closures in and adjacent to the construction site. Detours will be posted. The bridge will remain open for pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- Increased construction vehicle traffic entering and exiting the construction site.
- General noise and dust typical of a construction project of this size.
- View construction areas and walkway detours for this project phase online.
As part of the project to demolish the Farm Lane bridge and construct a new crossing and roadway, a new pedestrian bridge will be built immediately to the west of Farm Lane and utility lines will be resituated.
Please obey all construction site signage, fencing, and pedestrian and vehicular detours. Be extra aware of construction vehicles entering and exiting the site.
Your cooperation during this time is appreciated.
Visit ipf.msu.edu/farmlanebridge for project information and updates, or email IPF Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.